Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Swedish Midsummer for dummies (or Americans same thing)

It is almost 2:00 in the afternoon, and I just woke up due to the medicine they gave me at the hospital last night.  I actually got a huge amount of sleep, and felt pretty good when I woke up, but as I logged onto my computer, and signed into twitter, I had this amazing video waiting just for me, and it made me feel GREAT. AND I realize more than ever, that THIS is something I MUST be a part of.   I'll start working on my de små grodorna now.  :)

I am assuming that Swedish "midsummer" is what we refer to as summer solstice here, which is nothing exciting whatsoever, except the fact that it is the longest day of the year.  Which actually surprises me, because American's tend to make an event out of anything that they can, and definitely if it will give you the day off of work! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment